PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE (very short summary)
PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE: (Why the Church will not go through the Tribulation)
1. On the basis of the distinction between Israel and the Church:
- God never deals with Israel and the Church at the same time.
- Because of the promises to Israel, yet unfulfilled, Israel must have a future.
- Evangelistic and missionary responsibility of Israel will be completed in the Tribulation.
- The nation Israel has not been completed.
- "Daniel's 70 weeks" not completed. (Jeremiah 25:11, 12, 29:10, Daniel 9:2, 24, 25)
2. Statement and Structure of Revelation:
- The structure: Church Age/Tribulation/Millenium/Eternity. (Revelation 2-3, 7-19, 20, 21:1-8)
3. The Statement of Thessalonians:
- 2 Thessalonians 2:6, 7. Removal of the restraining presence of the Holy Spirit is impossible without removing the Church at the same time. (Only restraining part of Holy Spirit is removed with the Church)
- 2 Thessalonians 2:2 Incorrect translation in the A.V. confuses the entire passage. "Day of Christ" should read "Day of the Lord".(False teachers came with a forged letter supposedly from Paul which implied that the Day of the Lord, or the Tribulation, had already come).
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18. Phrase "in Christ" refers to believers in the Church Age. Verse 18 emphasizes a comfort which could not exist if the Church went through the Tribulation.
4. Remnant of the Tribulation:
- Christ returns to the earth with His saints. (1 Thessalonians 3-13, Jude 1:14).
- Jesus at the same time delivers saints at the Second Advent. (Zechariah 14:1-5)
- Christ cannot come with saints and deliver saints unless there are two groups of saints - Church and Tribulation. Obviously, both groups exist and both groups of saints are separated.
5. Grace before Judgment:
God gives grace before judging.
- Warning - Noah was rescued by heeding God's warning.
- Rescue - Lot was rescued by God.
6. Imminence of the Rapture:
- No prophecy of Scripture has to be fulfilled before the Rapture can take place. (1 Corinthians 1:7, Colossians 3:4, 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Titus 2:13)
- Hence, the Rapture can take place at any time.
- Not so the Second Advent: much prophecy must be fulfilled before Second Advent.
7. Nature of the Tribulation:
- Purpose of the Tribulation: to bring judgment on a Christ-rejecting world. God demonstrates that man cannot provide a perfect environment when Satan has full control and restraining ministry of the Holy Spirit is removed.
- God completes His dealings with Israel, which allows the Jews to fulfill their missionary ministry begun after the Babylonian Captivity.
- God prepares Israel for the fulfillment of the Unconditional Covenants by the return of Christ during Israel's darkest hour and the low point of human history Tribulation).
8. Activity of the Church in Heaven (Revelation 4,5)
- Before the Church returns to the earth with Christ, they must appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ for evaluation of production in the Christian walk - rewards. (2 Corinthians 5:10, 1 Corinthians 3:11-15)
- Hence, some interval is necessary (7 years) before the Bride of the Lamb can be prepared.
- The marriage of the Lamb takes place in heaven. (Revelation 19:6-8) after which the Bride returns to the earth with the Groom. (Revelation 19:14). The wedding feast is held on earth. (Revelation 19:9)