Where Do You Stand When It Comes To Your Knowledge Of The Bible?...
...On The Rock Or By The Waysid1 Corinthians 10:4 ...and the Rock was Christ.
1. What are the Two Main Divisions of the Bible?
Old Testament and New Testament
2. Which testament was written to Christians?
3. How was the Bible written?
2 Timothy 3:16
4. Which books tell of the life of Jesus?
The Gospels- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
5. Which books were written to Christians?
Romans to Revelation
6. Where are we told how to become a Christian?
The Book of Acts: Acts 2:36-42, Acts 8:5-13, Acts 9:1-9, Acts 10:25-48, Acts 16:13-15, Acts 16:31-33, Acts 18:8, Acts 19:1-7, Acts 22:6-16 and Acts 26:12-19
7. Who does the Christian belong to?
Christ, Matthew 16:15-18
8. Who makes up the church?
The Saved ones, Christians, Acts 2:41, 47
9. Who is the Head of the Church?
Christ, Ephesians 1:22 and Colossians 1:18
10. Whose name should the church wear?
The name of Christ, Acts 4:12
11. How does one become a member of Christ's Church?
Hear, Believe, Repent, Confess Christ as Lord and be baptized into Christ and live faithfully for Him (Read the book of Acts)
12. What must we hear?
The Gospel (the Good News of Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 and Mark 16:15
13. What must we believe?
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 and John 8:23-24
14. What is repentance?
Change of mind and conduct, Acts 3:19
15. What must we confess before men?
Christ, Matthew 10:32-33 and Acts 8:37
16. What is baptism?
Romans 6:4, 1 Peter 3:21, Colossians 2:12
17. What does Bible based baptism represent?
Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, Romans 6:4-11
18. What must we do after we are baptized?
Live faithfully, Revelation 2:10, 1 Corinthians 15:58
19. Name four things Christians are to continue in as an act of worship?
Acts 2:42, Prayer, Apostles Doctrine, Breaking Bread and Fellowship
20. What is Prayer?
Talking to God, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Matthew 6:9-13 and John 14:13-14
21. What is the Apostles Doctrine?
Romans 6:17 and 2 John 1:9-11
22. What is Breaking Bread?
The Lord's Supper, 1 Corinthians 11:20, Acts 20:7
23. What is Fellowship?
Sharing the common faith, Galatians 2:9, 1 John 1:6-7
24. Is there more than one church found in the Bible?
No, simply the Lord's church. All references in scripture bear the name of our Savior.
25. Who preached the first gospel sermon?
Peter and the other eleven apostles, Acts 2:14
26. In conclusion to that sermon what did the people ask?
Acts 2:37, What shall we do to be saved?
27. What was Peter's response?
Acts 2:38, Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
28. Must we obey and do the same today?
Yes, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."
29. How can one know for sure they are saved?
By being obedient to God's word, 1 John 1:7; 5:13
30. What church did those that were saved join?
None, Acts 2:47 The Lord added them to the church
31. Does God ever change His commands for us?
No, God is always the same, Hebrews 13:8
32. Who has tried to change God's word?
False Teachers, 2 Peter 2:1-2
33. When will the Lord return?
34. Who knows when the Lord is going to return?
Matthew 24:36, 42
35. What name do the followers of Christ wear?
Christians, Acts 11:26
36. Should we call ourselves anything else?
No, are we followers of Christ or someone else?
37. Why should a person be baptized?
God's word says to, Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16, John 3:5
38. After one is baptized into Christ, then what do we do when we sin?
1 John 1:8-9
God's, Bible Plan for Our Salvation-
Hear the Word of God-Romans 10:17
Be Baptized (Immersed) for the Forgiveness of your sins-Acts 2:38, Acts 8:38-39
Be Faithful Until Death-Revelation 2:10