RAPTURE OF THE CONGREGATION OF THE MESSIAH BEFORE THE TRIBULATION
"YESHUAT HASHEM KEHEREF AYIN" - "GOD'S SALVATION COMES IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE."
New Testament Saints - All believers in the Messiah, after the cross. The Church is composed of Believing Jews and Gentiles beginning at Acts Chapter 2 until the Rapture. The fact is that the Messiah can come at any time to gather the New Testament Saints. There are no preconditions for the "catching away of believers".
If Messiah comes in the middle of the tribulation or the end then we would know exactly when he is coming and then we would get ready. The scriptures teach that the Messiah will come secretly before the wrath. The Second Coming is exactly seven years after the signing of the covenant with the Anti-Christ, but the rapture could happen at any moment.
The Rapture can come at any moment, Matthew 24:42, 44 , Luke 12:35
1. Mansions are being prepared for believers John 14:1-3
2. Believers will meet the Messiah in the air (dead ones will rise first) 1Thessalonians 4:13-18
3. Believers receive glorified bodies 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
4. Believers are delivered from the wrath to come 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10
5. Yeshua will come secretly before the wrath Luke 21:36 , 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10
6. Shofar (Trumpet) of Righteousness blown 1 Corinthians 15:52
7. There are normal conditions on the earth Matthew 24:38-44
(Note that the Church is not mentioned at anytime during the Wrath in the book of Revelations, The church is heavily mentioned during the first three chapters, and not again until Revelation. 19:11-16. Tribulation Saints are all believer who accept the Messiah Yeshua after the church is raptured.) There are believers present during the entire tribulation. In fact the purpose of the tribulation is to bring people to faith by means of God's wrath, and cause them to cry out the Messiah. The Church is not mentioned in any tribulation passage. The elect, believers, tribulation saints who come to Messiah after the rapture exist, but the Church is not mentioned in any passage.
Believers will be judged. Not for their sins, because our sins were judged on the cross. We are judged for our works done in the body.
Our works will be judged at the Bema. The Bema is the term for the Judgment Seat. In the synagogue the Bema is the raised platform in the center of the synagogue where the Torah is read. Messiah will be at the Bema to judge our works:
1. An accounting of our works will be given Romans 14:10-12
2. Basis of this judgment 2 Corinthians 5:10
3. Bad works are burned 1 Corinthians 3:10-15
4. Five types of crowns will be given to those who are faithful:
a) Incorruptible Crown 1 Corinthians 9:24-25
b) Crown of Rejoicing 1 Thessalonians 2:19
c) Crown of Righteousness 2 Timothy 4:7-8
d) Crown of Life James 1:12 , Revelation 2:10
e) Crown of Glory 1 Peter 5:2-4
SEVEN YEAR PERIOD OF JUDGMENT AND WRATH OF GOD
A. First Quarter - Seven Seal Judgments: Revelation 6
1. Anti-Messiah conquest (White horse) Daniel 11:36-38 , Revelation 6:12
2. World War I of the Tribulation (Red horse) Revelation 6:4
3. Famine (Black horse) Revelation 6:5
4. One quarter of Earth destroyed (Pale horse) Revelation 6:8
5. Persecution of Tribulation Saints, the elect believers after the Rapture Revelation 6:9
6. General Natural Convulsions, Black Out II Revelation 6:12
7. 144,000 Jewish Male Evangelists Chosen from the twelve tribes Revelation 7:1-8
8. World Wide Revival from all Nations Revelation 7:9-17
9. Silence for half an hour Revelation 8:1
10. Two Jewish Witnesses in Jerusalem Zechariah 4:11-14 , Revelation 11:3-6
11. Religious System: Ecclesiastical Babylon Revelation 17:1-6
B. Second Quarter - Seven Trumpet judgments
1. 1/3 Dry Earth destroyed Revelation 8:7
2. 1/3 Salt water destroyed Revelation 8:8
3. 1/3 Fresh water destroyed Revelation 8:10
4. 1/3 Heavens destroyed Revelation 8:13
5. Blackout III- First invasion of Demons Revelation 9:2
6. Release of the 4 bound fallen angels of Euphrates Revelation 3:14
7. 1/3 of humanity is destroyed Revelation 9:15
8. Messiah will inherit the Kingdom Revelation 11:15
9. Temple will be rebuilt and sacrifices reinstituted. (They are preparing today!)
C. Events during the Middle of the Tribulation
1. World War II of the Tribulation Daniel 11:40-45
2. Anti-Messiah is killed Revelation 13:3
3. Satan cast down to the Earth Revelation 12:7-12
4. Anti-Messiah raised by Satan Revelation 13:3
5. 3 kings killed, 7 kings submit Daniel 7:24, Revelation 17:12-13
6. Ecclesiastical Babylon Destroyed Revelation 17:16
7. Two witnesses Killed and resurrected on the third day. This is in keeping with Yeshua's words of witness to Israel. No sign will be given except the sign of Jonah, a three day resurrection. Zechariah 4:11-14 , Revelation 11:3-13
8. Seven year covenant broken after 3 1/2 years Isaiah 28:14-22
9. The Abomination of Desolation Matthew 24:15 , Daniel 9:27
10. The False Prophet Revelation 13:11-15
11. Mark of the Beast: The number of his name is "666" and the worship of the Anti-Messiah (Anti-Christ) Revelation 13:16-18
12. Persecution of the Jews begins Revelation 12:1-17 , Matthew 24:15-18
D. Events during the second Half of the Tribulation Seven Bowl judgments
Seventh bowl to come later.
1. Sores on those with the Mark of the Beast Revelation 16:2
2. Salt Water is destroyed Revelation 16:3
3. Fresh water is destroyed Revelation 16:4
4. Heat of the Sun is increased Revelation 16:8
5. Blackout IV Revelation 16:10
6. Euphrates dried up Revelation 16:12
- 2/3 of all Jews do not survive the tribulation Zechariah 13:8-9
- War of the Great Day of God the Almighty World War III of the Tribulation
- Destruction of Babylon in Iraq Zechariah 5:5-11 , Isaiah 13:1-5
- Fall of Jerusalem Zechariah 12:1-19 , Zechariah 14:1-2
- 1/2 Jewish people remain (not cut off from Jerusalem) Zechariah 14:1-2
- 1/2 Flee to Bosrah, the mountainous rock fortress Matthew 24:16 , Isaiah 33:16
- Gathering of the Jews in Petra also called Bosrah (sheep fold) located in Southern Jordan Micah 2:12-13 , Jeremiah 49:13-14
Zechariah 14:1-5: 1 Behold, a day is coming for the Lord when the spoil taken from you will be divided among you. 2 For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished, and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city. 3 Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south. 5 And you will flee by the valley of My mountains, for the valley of the mountains will reach to Azel; yes, you will flee just as you fled before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord, my God, will come, and all the holy ones with Him!
F. National Regeneration of Israel - All Surviving Israel will be Saved!
1. Confession of Israel's National sin Leviticus 26:40-42 , Jeremiah 3:11-18 , Hosea 5:15
2. Israel will announce the Messiah's Return Matthew 23:37-39 , Joel 2:28-32
3. All Israel (the 1/3 that survive the Tribulation ) will be saved by NEW COVENANT. Romans 11:25-27 , Jeremiah 31:31-34
Jeremiah 31:31-34: 31"Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the Lord.33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the Lord, "I will put My law within them, and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.34 "And they shall not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, `Know the Lord,' for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the Lord, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."
Isaiah 63:1-6 Who is this who comes from Edom (Southern Jordan), with garments of glowing colors from Bosra, This One who is majestic in His apparel, Marching in the greatness of His strength? "It is I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save." Why is Your apparel red, And Your garments like the one who treads in the wine press? "I have trodden the wine trough alone, And from the peoples there was no man with Me. I also trod them in My anger, And trampled them in My wrath; And their lifeblood is sprinkled on My garments, And I stained all My raiment. "For the day of vengeance was in My heart, And My year of redemption has come. "And I looked, and there was no one to help, And I was astonished and there was no one to uphold; So My own arm brought salvation to Me; And My wrath upheld Me. "And I trod down the peoples in My anger, And made them drunk in My wrath, And I poured out their lifeblood on the earth."
1. Yeshua will not return until the Jewish people ask Him to return by saying; "Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord." Luke 13:35, Matthew 23:39
2. All people of the world will see the Shekinah Glory Light Matthew 24:30 , Isaiah 60:1
3. The Lord is returning with His Saints who come from heaven. It is written:
Revelation 19:14 (NKJV): And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.
Zechariah 14:5 (NKJV): Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake In the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the LORD my God will come, And all the saints with You.
Jude 1:14 (NKJV): Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,
2 Thessalonians 1:7 (NKJV): and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
In the other verses, the word "saints" is used. Here the word "angels" is used. It has been noted in the Revelation that the saints were referred to, in some instances, as angels.
1 Thessalonians 3:13 (NKJV): so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.
Colossians 3:4 (NKJV): When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
Initial touchdown of the Messiah will be in Bosrah (Sheep Pen) also called Petra which is located in Southern Jordan. Isaiah 34:6 Isaiah 63:1-6
4. The Messiah will fight the battle alone. Isaiah 63:1-6
5. Anti-Messiah will be first casualty of this battle. 2 Thessalonians 2:8 Habakkuk 3:13
6. Anti-Messiah's spirit is thrown in Hell Isaiah 14:3-11
7. Anti-Messiah's Army continue to fight Zechariah 12:10-13:1
8. Blood will reach up to the horses neck for 200 miles Revelation 14:19-20
9. Victory Ascent upon the Mount of Olives Zechariah 14:3-4
10. The Mount of Olives with split east to west in two part.
11. Remaining Jews in Jerusalem will flee to meet remaining Jews in Bozrah. Zechariah 14:3-4
1. Seventh bowl Judgment is poured out Revelation 16:17-21
2. There will be Earthquake in Jerusalem Zechariah 14:4-5
3. Fifth Blackout Matthew 24:29 , Joel 3:14-17
This judgment is for all nations (Gentiles) that come against Israel since all living Israel is saved at the Second Coming the living Gentiles must be judged. This judgment takes place in the valley south east of the Temple mount in Jerusalem. See The Seven Significant Judgments for details about the judgments of God.
1. Judgments of the Gentile nations in the Valley of Jehosephat Joel 3:1-3
Separation of Sheep Gentiles from the Goat
Gentiles Matthew 25:31-46
The Sheep Gentile will help Yeshua's brethren, the Jewish people, during the Tribulation.
3. Separation of the Wheat and Tares (True and False Believer's in the Church) Matthew 13:24-30
4. Parable of the Dragnet Matthew 13:47-50
5. Resurrection of Old Testament Saints Isaiah 26:19 Daniel 12:2
6. Resurrection of Tribulation Saints Revelation 20:4-6
1. Seventy-five day period for the removal of the abomination before the restoration: (1335-1260= 75) Daniel 12:11-12
2. They will turn Military Equipment to Farming Equipment (Beat swords into plowshares)
3. Anti-Messiah (counterfeit-son) and False Prophet (counterfeit-Holy Spirit) cast alive in the Lake of Fire Revelation 19:20
4. Satan's will be confined to the Abyss for 1000 years Revelation 20:1-3
5. Renovation for the Millennial New Heavens and New Earth Isaiah 65:17-25
6. Establishment of the Davidic Throne Isaiah 16:5 Psalm 2:6-8, 1Choronicals 17:10-14 Jeremiah 33:17-26 , Luke 1:30-33
7. (The Marriage Supper of the Lamb Revelation 19:6-8 )
And it will come about in the last days That the mountain of the house of the Lord Will be established as the chief of the mountains. It will be raised above the hills, And the peoples will stream to it. And many nations will come and say, "Come and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we may walk in His paths." For from Zion will go forth the law, Even the word of the Lord from Jerusalem (not heaven). And He will judge between many peoples And render decisions for mighty, distant nations. Then they will hammer their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning hooks; Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they train for war.
1. Messianic Kingdom General Characteristics Psalm 15:1-5, Psalm 24:1-6
2. House established on a Mountain in Jerusalem. Isaiah 27:13, Micah 4:1-5, Isaiah 2:2-4, Ezekiel 20:40-41, Ezekiel 17:22-24, Ezekiel 45:1-8, Ezekiel 48:8-20
3. Millennial Temple will be built. Ezekiel 37:26-28 Jeremiah 3:16 Ezekiel 44:1-46:24
4. Millennial River will begin at the Messianic Temple and flow to the Mediterranian Sea and to theDead Sea. Ezekiel 47:1-12, Joel 3:18, Zechariah 14:8, Ezekiel 47:8-10
5. Millennial Messianic Israel Ezekiel 47:13-48:29
6. Millennial Jerusalem Psalm 122:1-9, Isaiah 4:3-6, Isaiah 33:20-24,
7. Animals will live in peace Isaiah 11:6-9,
8. Government during the Kingdom on Yeshua's Shoulders Isaiah 9:6-7
9. Yeshua the King rule in the Land of Israel Jeremiah 33:14-17, Jeremiah 23:5-6, Zechariah 14:9
10. He will rule with a Rod of Iron Revelation 12:5, Revelation 19:15
11. The King is YHVH - Ha Shem Psalm 24:7-10, Jeremiah 33:17-26
12. There is a Gentile Branch of Government
13. Faithful Church Saints and Tribulation Saints shall reign with Messiah Revelation 20:4-6
14. There is a Jewish Branch of Government
15. King David will reign Jeremiah 30:9, Ezekiel 34:23-24, Ezekiel 37:24-25, Hosea 3:5
16. Twelve Disciples (minus Judas plus Mathias) will reign over the Twelve Tribes of Israel Matthew 19:28
17. There will be Princes of Israel Isaiah 32:1, Ezekiel 45:8, Haggai 2:20-23
18. There will be Judges and Counselors Isaiah 1:26
19. Israel will be the cheif nation over all Millennial Gentile nations Deuteronomy 15:6 ; Deuteronomy 28:1 ; Deuteronomy 28:13 , Isaiah 14:1-2
Isaiah 11:6-9 (NKJV): 6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them. 7 The cow and the bear shall graze; Their young ones shall lie down together; And the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra's hole, And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.
1. Regeneration of Israel is based on the New Covenant Jeremiah 31:31-34, Isaiah 29:22-24 Isaiah 44:1-5, Isaiah 44:21-23, Ezekiel 11:19-20, Ezekiel 36:25-27 , Joel 2:28-32, Micah 7:18-20, Zephaniah 3:9-13, Romans 11:25-27
2. World Wide Regathering of Believing Israel to the land of Promise. Deuteronomy 30:1-10, Isaiah 11:11-12:6, Isaiah 7:12-13
3. All of Israel will know the Lord. There will be no need to tell a neighbor to know the Lord for they shall all know Him. Jeremiah 31:31-34
a description of the unconditional promises given to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
1. Given to Abraham and his descendants Genesis 13:14-17 , Genesis 15:12-21
2. Given to Isaac and his descendants and not Ishmael Genesis 26:2-5
3. Given to Jacob (Israel) and his descendants not Esau Genesis 28:13-15
4. Israel will be a productive land Isaiah 30:23-26 , Isaiah 35:1-2 , Jeremiah 31:1-6
1. Gentile kings will worship the King of Kings Isaiah 56:1-8 , Isaiah 66:18-24
2. Gentiles born in the Kingdom have 100 years to accept the King Messiah or be condemned to hell Isaiah 65:20
3. Gentile Nations are obligated to observe Sukkot, the Feast of Tabernacles if they do not observe it they will be without rain. Zechariah 14:16-19
1. Lebanon (Gebal) - will be at peace by occupation Ezekiel 47:13-48:29
2. Southern Jordon (Edom) will suffer total destruction Ezekiel 35:6-15 , Jeremiah 49:7-13
3. The entire book of Obediah is devoted the destruction of Edom Jeremiah 49:19-20, Ezekiel 25:12-14, Isaiah 34:8-15
4. Bozrah or Petra will be perpetual wasteland Jeremiah 49:13,22 , Amos 1:12
5. Central Jordon (Moab) will suffer partial destruction Jeremiah 48:47
6. Northern Jordon (Ammon) will suffer destruction and possession Jeremiah 49:1-6
7. Egypt (Hagarenes) will experience destruction, dispersion, then return Isaiah 19:1-21 , Ezekiel 29:1-16
8. Northern Iraq (Assyria) will be at peace by conversion Isaiah 19:23-25
9. Saudi Arabia (Kedar and Hazor) will suffer destruction Jeremiah 49:33
10. Iran (Persia or Elam) will suffer destruction, dispersion, then return Jeremiah 49:34-39
11. Iraq (Babylon) will suffer total desolation never to be inhabited again. Isaiah 13:20-22 , Jeremiah 50:39-40 , Jeremiah 51:41-43 , Revelation 18:1-2
1. Loosening of Satan to deceive after the 1000 years of confinement Revelation 20:7-10
2. Final invasion of Israel
3. Satan cast into the Lake of Fire
4. Transfer of Authority 1Corinthians 16:24-28
5. The Great White Throne Judgment for all dead unbelievers Revelation 20:11-12 . For additional information see The Seven Significant Judgments for details about the judgments of God.
6. There are different degrees of punishment in Hell Matthew 11:20-24 , Luke 12:47-48
7. The Book of Life recording all people ever born Psalm 139:16
8. Unbelievers names are not recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life Revelation 13:8
9. Believers names are retained in the Book of Life Revelation 3:5
10. Unsaved are blotted out of the Book of Life Psalm 69:28
11. The Second Death is Eternal Lake of Fire Revelation 20:13-14
12. The Eternal Order - Newer Heavens and Newer Earth Revelation 21:1-8
13. New Jerusalem will come down from the heavens. Hebrews 11:9-10 , Hebrews12:22-24 , Revelation 21:9-22
14. No further Scriptural Revelation past the Eternal Order.
Salvation has always and always will be by grace through faith. The issue of faith is faith in what. Old Testament Saints faith was different than the faith of those on this side of the death, burial, and resurrection of the Messiah. There are seven judgments which take place during the different dispensations.
1. Believers sin were judged by the sacrifice of the Messiah:
2 Corinthians 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
The Believer's Self Judgment
2. Believers should judge themselves and not others.
1 Corinthians 11:31-32 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.
3. Believers works, not sins, will be judged for gain or loss of rewards.
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
4. Living Gentiles will be judged at the Second Coming of the Messiah.
Matthew 25:32 "All the nations (ethnos ie Gentiles) will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
5. Israel as a nation will be judged during the Time of Jacob's Trouble:
Ezekiel 20:37-38 "I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; "I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.
6. Angels will be judged at the Second Coming Judgment:
Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;
7. All Dead will be judged at the end of the Messianic Kingdom:
Revelation 20:12-15 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
"Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.
SEVENTY SEVENS (or seventy shavuim
"sevens not weeks") . (7 x 70 = 490
years). ARE DETERMINED (or decreed). God has decided
that this period of time would take place.
UPON "THY PEOPLE," (Daniel's people is Israel)
AND UPON "THY HOLY CITY" which is Jerusalem. These verses deal primarily with Israel.
Already fulfilled during the first coming of Yeshua
- TO FINISH" THE TRANSGRESSION (or to finish disobedience),
- AND "TO MAKE" AN END OF SINS (or end to sin),
- AND "TO MAKE" RECONCILIATION FOR INIQUITY (or atonement)
To be fulfilled during the first coming of Yeshua
- AND "TO BRING IN" EVERLASTING RIGHTEOUSNESS, or to bring in Jesus Christ the Messiah; to bring in everlasting righteousness regarding Israel and Jerusalem.
- AND "TO SEAL UP" THE VISION AND PROPHECY, or to complete and finish this vision and prophecy.
9:25. KNOW THEREFORE AND UNDERSTAND, THAT FROM THE GOING FORTH OF THE COMMANDMENT (or issuing of the decree) TO RESTORE AND TO BUILD JERUSALEM UNTO THE MESSIAH THE PRINCE SHALL BE SEVEN WEEKS (or seven ‘sevens'), AND THREESCORE AND TWO WEEKS (or sixty-two ‘sevens'): THE STREET SHALL BE BUILT AGAIN, AND THE WALL, EVEN IN TROUBLOUS TIMES (or in times of trouble).
an explanation of the times and major events that would take place.
KNOW THEREFORE AND UNDERSTAND. This is a command-"know and understand"
THAT FROM THE GOING FORTH OF THE COMMANDMENT or decree
TO RESTORE AND TO BUILD JERUSALEM
UNTO THE MESSIAH THE PRINCE - The Messiah Yeshua
SHALL BE SEVEN WEEKS or seven ‘sevens' which is 49 years,
AND THREESCORE AND TWO WEEKS or sixty-two ‘sevens' (or 62 x 7 years which is 434 years)
THE STREET SHALL BE BUILT AGAIN, (which is in Jerusalem)
AND THE WALL which is of Jerusalem shall also be built again - Nehemiah 2:17,18; 6:15-19,
EVEN IN TROUBLOUS TIMES (or in times of trouble)-Dan 9:25. This gives a total of 483 years, leaving one week (or one period of 7 years) left. Jerusalem was to be rebuilt; however, it would not be easy. There would be times of trouble during this rebuilding.
The seventy weeks are divided into three parts.
(1) Seven weeks or 49 years. This may have covered the rebuilding in troublous times. All are fulfilled.
(2) Sixty-two weeks or 434 years. This covered from the end of the 49 years to, perhaps, the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem before His crucifixion. All are fulfilled.
(3) One week or 7 years remain. This is the Tribulation, which is still to come as of the writing
of this book.
Thus, 49 years + 434 years gives us a total of 483 years. This leaves one week or one period of 7 years to fulfill the total of 490 years.
The 483 years fulfilled the rebuilding of Jerusalem, just as Daniel had seen, as well as the coming of the Messiah, Jesus. At exactly what point in time the 483 years were completed is uncertain. Allowing for errors in the calendar, the transition from B.C. to A.D., and other items, many believe it was when Jesus entered Jerusalem in triumph four days prior to being crucified. There are other opinions as well.
9:26. AND AFTER THREESCORE AND TWO WEEKS (or sixty-two ‘sevens') SHALL MESSIAH (or the Anointed One will) BE CUT OFF, BUT NOT FOR HIMSELF (or will have nothing): AND THE PEOPLE OF THE PRINCE (or ruler) THAT SHALL COME SHALL DESTROY THE CITY AND THE SANCTUARY; AND THE END THEREOF SHALL BE WITH (or will come like) A FLOOD, AND UNTO THE END OF THE WAR DESOLATIONS ARE DETERMINED (or have been decreed).
AFTER THREESCORE AND TWO WEEKS or sixty-two ‘sevens' which is 434 years
(note the 434 years, plus the 49 years, equals a total of 483 years total),
SHALL MESSIAH (which is Jesus Christ) (or the Anointed One will)
BE CUT OFF (or killed) (or CUT OFF FROM THE LAND OF THE LIVING-ref Isa 53:8) (Jesus Christ was crucified),
BUT NOT FOR HIMSELF. He did not die for Himself. Jesus never sinned. He died for those who should trust on Him as their Lord and Savior. We note that it said AFTER 434 years this would happen. The verse continues,
AND THE PEOPLE, which are the people of the Roman Empire, the fourth beast, the people-
OF THE PRINCE (or ruler)
THAT SHALL COME. The prince that shall come is referring to the Antichrist that would come in the future. The verse continues,
SHALL DESTROY THE CITY which is Jerusalem
AND THE SANCTUARY or temple;
AND THE END THEREOF SHALL BE WITH (or will come like)
A FLOOD, which can indicate with great force or mightily,
AND UNTO THE END OF THE WAR wherein the Roman Empire comes against Jerusalem, unto the end of this war,
DESOLATIONS ARE DETERMINED (or war will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed-NIV)-Dan 9:25,26. Jesus also prophesied about the temple's destruction, in Mt 24:2-AND JESUS SAID UNTO THEM, SEE YE NOT ALL THESE THINGS (the temple)? VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, THERE SHALL NOT BE LEFT HERE ONE STONE UPON ANOTHER, THAT SHALL NOT BE THROWN DOWN.
The commandment went forth to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, just as predicted. The city, street, and wall were rebuilt in troublous times. Jesus Christ, the Messiah, did come. After the sixty-ninth week, He was crucified, cut off out of the land of the living, but rose from the dead and ascended up to be with the Father. Then the fulfillment of the feast at Pentecost, signified the beginning of the church age. Within a generation, the temple was destroyed and the city. All happened exactly as prophesied.
the summer of 68 A.D. came (dates are as best as can be determined), Jerusalem was near defeat
by the Roman legions. Vespasian was made emperor in 69 A.D. He allowed his son,
Titus, to make the final attack, which came in 70 A.D. The temple (often
referred to as Herod's temple) was destroyed. Not one stone was left upon
another, as Jesus had said. Multitudes were slaughtered. By the year 73 A.D.,
all traces of a self-ruling Jewish nation had completely disappeared. Israel
was scattered among all nations.
Jesus said, DAUGHTERS OF JERUSALEM, WEEP NOT FOR ME, BUT WEEP FOR YOURSELVES, AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN. FOR IF THEY DO THESE THINGS IN A GREEN TREE, WHAT SHALL BE DONE IN THE DRY?-Lk 23:28,31.
Then from the time of Pentecost to the soon coming Rapture, there are seven churches. They are listed in the Revelation.
Then the Jews began to return to the land of Israel. Israel became a nation on May 14, 1948. Soon, the Rapture will occur, ending the church age. The Antichrist will come forth.
Sixty-nine of the seventy weeks (or 483 years) have been fulfilled. One week (or 7 years) remains, which is the Tribulation.
There is a gap (or time lapse) between the events of verse 26 and the events of verse 27. The seventieth week is yet to come. It is the period called the Tribulation.
THE SEVENTIETH WEEK
9:27. AND HE SHALL CONFIRM THE COVENANT WITH MANY FOR ONE WEEK (or one ‘seven'): AND IN THE MIDST (or middle) OF THE WEEK HE SHALL CAUSE THE SACRIFICE AND THE OBLATION (or offering) TO CEASE (or end), AND FOR THE OVERSPREADING OF ABOMINATIONS HE SHALL MAKE IT DESOLATE (or on a wing of the temple, he will set up an abomination that causes desolation-NIV), EVEN UNTIL THE CONSUMMATION (or complete destruction), AND THAT DETERMINED (or that is decreed) SHALL BE POURED UPON THE DESOLATE (or on him).
HE (which is the Antichrist, which shall come from the people that
destroyed Jerusalem and the temple, in
approximately 70 A.D.-the Roman Empire), the verse continues,
SHALL CONFIRM (or sign or agree to)
THE COVENANT (or treaty, agreement, or peace accord)
WITH MANY (which is Israel and others)
FOR ONE WEEK (or one ‘seven,' or for seven years). (Note, the confirming or signing of this covenant is the beginning of what is called the Tribulation.)